The Advisory Council is a separate body from the Board of Directors. It provides nonbinding counsel on LFI needs, services, programs and more.
- developing an understanding of the business, market and industry trends
- provide “wise counsel” on issues raised by owners/directors or management
- provide unbiased insights and ideas from a third point-of-view (not involved in the operation of the business)
- encourage and support the exploration of new business ideas
- act as a resource for executives
- provide social networking platform for directors and the company
- encourage the development of a governance framework that enable sustainable growth of the company
- monitor business performance
- impose challenges to directors and management that could improve the business
The Advisory Board is currently still being formed. LFI’s Board of Directors has the power to offer an Advisory Board seat to anyone.